I’m so sick of telemarketers. 👿 I understand they’re just doing their job, but if I want to buy something, I’ll go to a store or call someone in the business and order it. And why, why do they always call when I’m either in the middle of dinner, or trying to have an afternoon nap? It’s almost as if they have built-in radar.
I discovered I can stop some telemarketing, so I’ve registered for that. But here are a few other tips I found out while doing an internet search.
* Tell them you’d love to chat but you’re busy at the moment. Ask him/her for his/her home phone number so you can call back.
* Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.
* Tell them it’s dinner time, BUT ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.
* Tell them that all business goes through your agent, and hand the phone to your five year old child. Ask your child to sing nursery rhymes
* Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak upâ€¦louderâ€¦louderâ€¦louder!
* Tell them to speak very slowly because you want to write every word down.
* If they start out with, â€œHow are you today?â€ say â€œIâ€™m so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problemsâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€
How do you handle telemarketing calls?