I was looking for something easy to make for breakfast last week. I usually eat cereal, but I was in the mood for eggs but I didn’t want plain old bacon and eggs. I found this recipe for individual ham and egg muffins. It calls for basic ingredients everyone has on hand, but you can easily personalize it to suit your own family. And, these are just cute when they’re done. And cute makes everything taste better, right?
Mini-ham and egg muffins (makes 6)
6 slices deli ham
6 cherry tomatoes (diced grape tomatoes or chopped whole tomatoes work, too)
Â½ tsp olive oil (or Pam cooking spray)
1 tsp (approximately) finely chopped chives or green onion
1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated (I also use grated cheddar)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly oil or spray 6 muffin cups.
3. Line each up with a slice of ham.
4. Fill each hollow with an egg, top with tomato and sprinkle with chives, cheese, sale and pepper to taste.
5. Bake 18 minutes or until egg is set to desired firmness.
6. Remove from oven. Cool 5 minutes.
Add herbs and spices to taste.
For a softer yolk, cook for a shorter time.
For an omelet consistency, beat the eggs before filling the muffin cups.
Add mushrooms, green peppers, crumbled bacon to the egg mixture or sprinkle on top before cooking.